马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
求助:谁有“眼科的英语单词”上传?
2# 沙发
发表于 2006-6-12 00:04 | 只看该作者
ENGLISH GUIDE TO COMMON EXAMINATION
GREETINGS       
1        Good morning/aftemoon/evening. Welcome Mrs        . How are you today? Sit down please. I am Dr         .       
2        I am sorry you had to wait. We are very busy today.       
3        How did you hear about us?       
CASE HISTORY
PATIENT PROFILE
4  How old are you? When is your birth date?
CHIEF COMPLAINT (FOLDARS)
5        How can I help you? What is the reason for your visit?       
6        Who referred you to me? For what reason?       
7         Have you noticed any changes in your vision? Do you have any problems with your vision or your eyes?  Can you see things well at near?. What about things which are far away? / Do you see well far away and up close?
8        Which eye or both?        (Do you have questions? )
9        Can you show me?        (Did you understand everything that I told you? )
10        When did this happen? /When did it start? / Since when have you had this problem?        (Don't mention it. )
11        Was the change sudden or gradual? (        Same to you. )       
12        How long have you had it?        (You are very kind. )
13        When was the last time it happened?       
14        How often have you had this problem? Do you have it all the time/always/once in a while/almost never?       
15        Was the change sudden or gradual?       
16        How long does it last?       
17        Tell me, where does it hurt?       
18        Excuse me? Can you please repeat what you told me? I didn't understand you completely.  You told me that, correct?       
VOCATION
19        What type of work/do you do?
20        Are you working? Do you work on a computer?       
AVOCATION
21        What sports or hobbies do you do?       
PEH
22        Is this your first eye exam?       
23        When was your last eye exam?       
24        Do you wear glasses or have you worn them in the past? For distance?        For reading?       
25        Have you had any injuries to your eyes or surgery performed on your eyes?
26        Have your eyes been dilated before?       
27        Did the doctors ever tell you that you have an eye disease?       
28        What did the doctors tell you?       
29        How long are your glasses?       
30 How are you doing with your glasses?
31 Do they still work well?
32        Did you bring your glasses?       
33        Have you used contact lenses before?       
34        What care system do you use for the lenses; OptiFree Express, Renu?       
35        Are they hard or soft?.       
36        Are they disposables?       
37        Why did you stop using them?       
38        Do you know the brand of contact lens       
39        Ho long are the lenses that you are using now?       
40        How is your vision with your lenses?       
41        Normally, what time do you put them in and take them out?       
42        Approximately how long do you use your contact lenses everyday?       
43        Do you know if you have any eye disease such as glaucoma?       
44        Have you had infections of the eyes?       
45        How did you lose this eye? What happened?       
46        Do you feel something in your eye?       
47        Do your eyes get red?
48        Do you wake up with discharge in your eyes?       
49        Do vou have difficulty seeing at night?       
50        Does the sun bother you a lot?       
51        Are you very sensitive to light?       
52 Do you see cobwebs/spots in your vision?
53        Do you see flashes of light like lightning/little lights?       
.54        Did a stick penetrate your eye?       
55        Do you think it is a small piece of wood or metal?       
56        Do your eyes feel very dry?       
57        Do your eyes bum or hurt?       
58        Do your eyes itch?       
59        What are you doing when it hurts?       
60        When you read a lot does it hurt?       
61        Have you ever seen double?       
62        Are you seeing things double right now?
63 Do you drink much alcohol?
64        Do you smoke?       
65 I need to perform some tests to make sure this is the reason       
FEH(family eye history)
66        is there anyone in your family who has glaucoma, cataracts, any eye turn(strabismus) or is blind?
PMH(patient medical history)       
67        When was your physical exam?
68 How is your general health?       
69        Do you have any problems with high blood pressure, diabetes?       
70        Who is your primary care doctor?
71 Do you know if your diabetes is type I or II       
72        How was your blood sugar level?       
73        What was your Hba1c level?       
74        How long have you had diabetes?       
75        Any fluctuation in vision?
FMH(family medical history)
76 Does anyone in your family have Htn(hypertension), Cancer, Dm?
78 Are you taking any medications, vitamins or eyedrops?       
79        For what reason do you take the medicines?       
ALLERGIES
80 Are you allergic to any medications?
81Can you put these glasses on? Can you take them off ?
E***ANCE TESTING
VISUAL ACUITIES
82        Cover your right/left eye.
83        Without squinting, please read the smallest letters you are able to read on         the chart (here / there) It's OK to guess.
84        Can you see the last line?       
85        Read me this line and the next and the one below?       
86        These letters are extra. Most people can't read those.
87 Those letters are very small. Few can read them.       
88 Can you make them out?       
89 Look through these holes. Pick one to look through. Do they help you?       
COVER TESTNERSIONS/NPC
90        We are checking to see if you have any problems with your eye muscles.
91 Please keep your eyes focused on this letter while I cover your eyes.
92         I am checking how well your eye muscles work as a team.       
93        Without moving your head, please follow this target by moving your eyes only.
94        I am checking how well your eyes can sustain focus.       
95        I am going to bring this close to you. Keep looking at it and let me know if it splits into two. CONFRONTATIONS
96        I am Checking how well your side vision is.
97        Cover this eye and look at my right eye. Without looking off to the side, let me know how many fingers I am holding_up altogether       
STEREO
98        I am checking how good your depth perception is.  Tell me which of the circle in box #1 seem to come off the page.
REFRACTION
99        I am getting an estimation of your presc**tion.  Don't look at my light, but look at the letter far away.       
100        I am going to cover one eye.
101        I am going to have you make several choices between two lens.  There are no right / wrong answers, just tell me what you prefer.       
102        Looking at the chart far away, let me know as soon as you can start to read the letters on the second last row.       
103        Comparing this lens #1 and this second lens #2 which one looks clearer and sharper.
104        Whenever they look the same, just let me know.       
105        Things may look blurry with this lens.       
106        Try to read these Blurry letters.
107        Close your eyes while I set some special lenses in place.
108        Are you able to see two rows of letters: one above and the other below.       
109        Comparing the top and bottom row, which row looks sharper / clearer? The top one or the bottom one?       
110         I am going to dim the lights.  Comparing the red side and green side, the letters on which side looks darker / more black.
111         Now we are checking a presc**tion for reading glasses. I am going to put lenses in front of you to see how well you can focus. Try your best to keep the letters focused but         let me know when it becomes too blurry to read.
112           Do you see two boxes of letters? I am going to use special lenses to move the letters. Let me know when the box once top is lined up directly with the one below it like one ice-cream scoop on top of another.
113         Let me know when the letters are blurry, when you see double and when they appear one again.       
114         I am going to check the health of the front part of your eyes to look for signs of infection, cataracts.
115           Please rest your chin here and forehead here and close your eyes.  I am going to move your chair.
116          I am looking at a magnified view of your lashes.  Open your eyes and then look up. I am going to touch your lids.
117           Look right, look left, look straight ahead and look down, blink, try to keep your eyes open, look over here / there.
118           I am going to place drops in your eyes.  It will sting.  But try not to rub your eyes.
119         Look at direction of my ear over here.  Pick a point far away to look at. I am checking your eye pressure.  It is one of the way we check for signs of glaucoma.  You will see a blue light and this is going to come close and touch your tears. Remember to breath        .
120        I am using this to check the health of the back area of your eyes to look at your blood vessels and check for signs of high blood pressure, diabetes in your eyes. The light will be bright.
121        I am going to shine a light at your eyes to see how well your pupils, the black part of your eyes respond to light.  It lets me know how well the connection from your eyes are to the brain.
Cataracts
122        You have the beginnings of cataracts.       
123        Right now they are not affecting your vision, but in the future it is possible they will.       
124        Cataracts are very common.  This is a normal age related change or it could be from medications.  The cataract will continue to progress.  You will eventually need surgery and replace new lens in your eye.
125        Your crystalline lens inside your becomes cloudy.  Many older people have cataracts. Like how our hair color changes with age; with our lens, the same thing happens.  It begins to get more yellow with age.
126        The cataracts aren’t mature yet.  They are not ready for surgery. Perhaps in five years they will be.       
127        Just return each year for an eye check-up.       
128        We are going to observe them       
129        The operation for removing the lens is very easy nowadays.  Usually the operation lasts no more than 20 minutes. The anesthetic doesn't hurt, and is stitchless .
130        You will be able to return home the same day.  Don't worry.
131        Let's make an appointment.
132        Complications are rare.
133        In the majority of cases, much vision is regained.
PCO/Nd-YAG Cap.  
134        You have a film behind the lens implant.
135        This is a common change one sees following cataract surgery.
136        The treatment is easy with a laser that cleans the film away.       
GOODBYE
137        I want to see you again in two weeks.       
138        Don's skip the next visit.  It is very important.       
139        I wiil see you again in one year.  But if you think or suspect there is a problem with your eyes, certainly retum at once.
140        Here is my card with the telephone numbers where you can call me.       
141        The main reason you have……is because……
142        Everything inside your eye is healthy-the retina, the blood vessels, and the optic nerves.
143        The condition of your eyes is stable.       
144        Your condition is in an advanced state.
145        Fortunately, you don't have any eye disease.
146        Your eye is damaged.  Unfortunately, there is no treatment to restore your vision.
147        Make sure you protect your other eye        .
Post-Operative Care
148        Everything appears fine.       
149        The wound is not healing as I would have expected.       
150        Have patience, your vision will improve little by little.
151        You need to avoid swimming and direct water contact with water until the next visit.
Medications
152        Use these drops four times a day in both eyes until you finish the bottle        .
153        Shake the drops before applying to the eye.
154        Shake well and keep refrigerated.
155        This presc**tion can be refilled two times.
156        Don't stop taking this medication suddenly.
157        Don't use it more than four times a day until the next visit.       
158        These drops will help stop the inflammation.
159        Remember to shake the bottle before use.       
160   When you finish them according to instructions, don't use them again without my direction.       
161        This medication is for relieving your pain.
162        Put a bit of ointment on the edge of your eyelids at night.
Artificial Tears
163        I recommend that you use artificial tears to reduce the irritation and dryness.       
164        These drops are for lubrication and to wash your eyes.
165        They will not stop the redness completely because they contain no medicine.       
166        One brand of artificial tears is called Systane / Genteal.       
167        This brand is unique because it does not contain any preservative and therefore it is possible to use them as frequently as you like.       
168        You can buy them in any pharmacy without a presc**tion.       
Sun Protection
169        It is important to protect your eyes from Ultraviolet (UV) rays. Wrth too much exposure to UV, the skin can bum.
170        UV rays can damage the eyes just as they do the skin.
171        For example, there is a relation between these rays and tumors of the eyelids, cataracts, and problem of the cornea and retina.       
172        Your eyes are very sensitive.       
173        When you are outside, wear a hat and put on sunglasses.
Gonioscopy
174        I am going to put a special contact lens on your eye to examine the drainage structures of your eye better.       
175        It may feel strange but it won't hurt you. It feels a bit cold.
176        Dilation Eye Drops.
177        These drops are for dilating the pupils of the eyes.
178        The drops make the pupils large and relax the ability to focus.
179        It is important since without the drops, it is hard to determine if there are problems inside.       
180         It is very important that you have the dilation to determine the health of your eyes.

ENGLISH GUIDE TO COMMON EXAMINATION PHRASES
OCULAR DISEASE
ANTERIOR SEGME~NT
LIDS
PTHIRIASIS PALPEBRUM (PEDICULOSIS)       
1        You have lice infestation on your eyelids and lashes. This is controlled with the ointment that may cause temporary blurry vision. The ointment acts as a blanket to suffocate the lice. Then, I will remove them. Also, use Kwell shampoo to get rid of lice on your hair. I will write down the name for you and you can usually buy that kind of shampoo from any pharmacy or Walmart. Inform your sexual partner of this situation so they can get checked. You also need to wash all your bedding and clothes in hot water. I want to see you back in a week for your follow-up.       
DEMODEX       
“My eyelids feel so itchy.  I have been loosing a lot of eyelashes.”
2        Demodex are mites which all people carry in their eyelash follicles. If they increase in number, this may cause irritation.  You need to do lid hygiene QID to reduce the number of mites. I will also prescribe an antibiotic ointment to suffocate the mites. Apply it to the base of your lashes BID (am/pm) for 2 weeks.  I want to see you back in 1 week for your follow-up.       
E***OPION
“I feel as though there is something (foreign body) in my eyes. I tear a lot too.”
3        Your lower lid has turned inward and the lashes are touching your eye, therefore, you feel the irritation.  This is due to age related changes or previous trauma. What I am most concerned about is that your lashes rub against your cornea constantly.  Luckily your cornea looks healthy. (If there is SPK) I will prescribe an antibiotic ointment that you need to apply TID. This is not a permanent treatment, but I will tape your eyelid so that its not tumed inward.  (Symptomatic) Since you feel so uncomfortable, what I can do today is pluck out your lashes. But they will grow back so I need to see you back in a week for follow-up. We will discuss about the need for surgery if necessary, during your next visit. I the mean time, I want you to use this Ab. Opthal. gtt. QID for 10 days.       
ECTROPION
“My eye feels irritated and watery all the time.”
4        Your lower lid has turned outward.  This could be due to the aging process, 7th nerve palsy, scaring contraction or muscular weakness. I will prescribe artificial tears for you to use QID. Your eyes are dry all the time so it's susceptible to infection. I need to prescribe an antibiotic ung and gtt to use QID for a week.  Please come back in a week for follow-up. If necessary, I will refer you for surgery.       
TRICHIASIS
“1 get this foreign body sensation and my eye team all the time.”
5        The irritation is due to some eyelashes that’s been grown Inward instead of curling out There's just a few, so I can remove them for you. But I see the your lashes had been rubbing against your cornea for some time and I need to prescribe an antibiotic ung for you to use for 7 days to relieve the irritation it caused on your cornea.       
BLEPHAROSPASM       
“My friends tell me to get some help because at times, I can't control the way blink.  My eyelids suddenly closes involuntarily.”
6        Do you notice if it happens while you are sleeping too? If so, there is damage to your 7th nerve. I need to refer you for an MR I. Can you associate other symptoms along with this lid twitch such as pain, uttering bizarre sounds? Have you been on any medications lately? Do you drink a lot of caffeine? Have you been very stressful lately? On a scale of 1 - 10 with 10 being the most severe, how would you rate your problem: very bothersome, so so or not too bad. If it bothers you too much, I recommend injection of Botox around this part of your lid. What it will do is relax your eye muscles around that area. This treatment is good for 3 months.
EXTERNAL HORDEOLUM       
“I feel a painful bump on my lid.”
7        This is the common stye which is a bacterial infection of the glands of the lid margins called glands of zeiss and moll. The condition resolves on its own in about a week or so. Warm soaks speeds up healing.  Use a hard boiled egg or potato wrapped around a towel and leave it on the affected area with your eyes closed for 20 minutes QID while gently massaging that area. It's also important to keep your eyelids clean. But it might be too painful now for you to start. Once your stye heals, it is a good idea to do lid scrubs TID to keep the area clean.  Use baby shampoo diluted with warm water so that it wonl sting your eyes.  Use a clean face cloth and rub against the base of your lashes. I want to see you back in 3 days for a quick follow-up to see how things are.  If it doesn't heal after 3 weeks, please come back to see me.       
INTERNAL HORDEOLUM               
“There is this painful bump on my lid. it started about 4 days ago and now it getting worse.”
8        I need to flip your upper eyelids. It won~ be painful. You might have done this when you were a little kid playing with your friends. Just look down. You will feel a pressure sensation but continue to look down. You have a bacterial Infection of the eyelid. It's important that you do lid hygiene to prevent this condition from getting worse. Symptoms may increase for a clay after doing warm soaks but this will increase the speed of healing. Come back in 3 days so I can see how you are doing or if you have any questions for me.       
CHALAZlON
“There is a lump on my lid. But it's not painful. It's been there for weeks now but hasn't heal yet. I thought I should come by to have you take a look and see if it's anything serious.”
9        You have a condition in which your meibomian glands are plugged up. Do warm soaks QlD for 20 minutes followed by digital massage. There is dead debris in the meibomian glands, which are not active. That is why there is a bump there. Warm soaks and digital massage will speed up the healing process.  Come back in 2 weeks for a quick follow-up. Be aware of re-occurrences. So after it heals, I recommend that you do lid hygiene to that area clean.
PRESEPTAL CELILUUTIS
“My eyelids are red and painful. It's swollen!”
10        You have a bacterial infection of the eyelids. It's important that it doesn't spread to other areas. So I want to see you everyday to monitor it's progression. Warm compresses QID will calm the pain. I will prescribe eye gtts, ung. and oral antibiotics to fight the infection. Are you pregnant or breast feeding?  Tetracycline works very well in fighting off the infection. I need you to take this four times a day for a total of 10 days I hour before eating or two hours after eating.  There are some dietary restrictions. Remember not to take in any dairy products such as milk with the medication. There is also increased sensitivity to sunlight. So remember to put on sun block whenever you are outdoors.  It's important you come back for your follow-up appointments.       
ORBITAL CELLULITIS       
“I am just recovering from a dental infection and now I'm having problems with my eyes. They're very painful. I can't even open or move them.”
11        There is serious infection of your eye which is very dangerous. I need you in the hospital immediately!       
CONJUNCTIVA
PINGUECULA       
12        You may even notice this yourself when you look in the mirror.  The white part of your eyes has a patch of yellowish overgrowth. We call this pinguecula.  It is due to over exposure to UV rays. It's normal. Just like how our skin changes color when exposed to too much UV radiation, the skin of your eyes does the same thing. So it's important that you protect your eyes and get UV protection in your glasses.       
SLK (SUPERIOR UMBIC KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS)       
13        This is an inflammatory condition affecting your superior conjunctiva and cornea due to thyroid disease.  The medication may cause some stinging on instillation. I need to refer you to an internist for a thyroid work-up. Please come back in a week for follow-up.       
EPISCLERITS
“2 days ago, I woke up and found the white part of my eye turned red. It feel ‘hot’.”
14        There is an inflammation of the outer tissue of your eye. It's sometimes caused by stress. It should be gone in 1-3 weeks. Cold compresses QID for 15 minutes plus artificial team such as Refresh Tears QID should speed recovery. If you need to give presentations and want to relieve the redness, you can use eye drops call vasoconstrictors. But please use It sparingly because excessive use makes it worse.       
SCLERITIS       
15        There is an inflammation of the front part of your eye, which could become very serious. You must take your meds. This is usually related to systemic diseases. Should resolve in 2-3 months. But I need you to go to the internist for a systemic work-up. Please come back in 2 days for your follow-up appointment so I can monitor your condition closely.
CONJUNCTIVITIS
HYPERACUTE BACTERIAL CONJUNCTIVITIS
“I wake-up and my lids are stuck together. My eyes are so red and painful.”
16        The cause of inflammation is sexually transmitted disease. There is also a severe bacterial infection present in your eye.  The systemic and ocular drugs are to kill the bacteria and hourly irrigation will wash out the bacteria from your eye.  I strongly recommend that you and your sexual partner seek medical care for this venereal disease.
ACUTE BACTERIAL CONJUNCTIVITIS
“I woke-up this morning and can~ open my eye. My lids are stuck together. There is this green-yellowish discharge. My eye is beefy red and painful.”
17        You have a bacterial infection in your eye. The toxins produced by the bacteria cling to your lids at night causing your lids to stick together in the morning.  The warm compresses QID for 20 minutes improve blood circulation in the lids and help cleanse the deposits around lids. Water irrigation washes bacteria out of your eyes.  Hand washing and quarantine from school (work) are to prevent further spreading. Remember to take your eye drop medication. I want to see you back in 2 days for a follow-up.       
CHRONIC BACTERIAL CONJUNCTIVITIS       
18        There is a bacterial infection in your eye and this is due to poor lid hygiene. You must take your medication and do lid hygiene. This lid disease can recur if not treated. So I need you to do lid scrubs TID and apply the Ab. Ophthal. gtt. QID during the day and apply this ung. QHS. Come back in 3 days so I can see how well you are responding to this treatment.       
GPC (GIANT PAPILLARY CONJUNCTIVITIS)
19        You have a reaction due to poor contact lens hygiene and contact lens over wear.  You shouldn’t be wearing your contacts until this resolves. Cold compresses and AT QID will help relieve your symptoms. I want to see you back in 7 days. We need to refit you with new contacts to something that's healthier for your eyes.       
EKC (EPIDEMIC KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS)
“My eye is red and there's watery discharge.”
20        It is a viral infection also known as 'pink eye' that must run its course. My recommendations will make you feel more comfortable and speed up the progress.  Use AT QID and cool compresses to relieve the irritation. Wear sunglasses when you go outside since you are more sensitive to sunglasses. Beware of its very contagious nature. Come back in a week for a follow-up.       
PCF (PHARYNGOCONJUNCTIVL FEVER)
21        It is a viral infection that must run its course. My recommendations (AT QID, cool compresses QID, Vasoc, on-A QID) will help relieve symptoms. The condition is very contagious and re-infection is possible.  Wash clothing and bedding frequently. Also, you should not go to school for the time being. If “   ” complains of pain, then take Tylenol.  Come back in 2-3 days for your follow-up appointment.
CHLAMYDIAL INCLUSION CONJUN**ITIS       
22        You have STD. You must ***rm your sexual partner of the need for treatment. As for treatment, there are two options.  One is expensive and the other is practical.  Of course you pay your money's worth.  You just have to take one pin only once.  For the less expensive option, It works just as well.  But it's not as convenient. You need to take the medication QID for a total of 3 weeks on top of following some dietary restrictions.   Please come back in 2 weeks for your follow-up appointment.       
ALLERGIC CONJUN**ITIS (TYPE Ⅰ)
“ My eyes feel very itchy.”
23        You have hay fever causing your eye inflammation.  Alternating Cool/warm compresses QID for 20 minutes and AT& Vasocon-A QID will reduce itching and make you feel better.  Come back in a week for your follow-up appointment.  Next year, I want to see you back a month before your allergy starts so we can staff you off on a better medication to better treat your allergies.       
ALLERGIC CONJUNCTIVITIS (TYPE Ⅳ)
“ My eyes bum and sting.”
24        Your condition is due to environmental conditions such as smog, the wind, and air conditioning. You need to protect your eyes from these irritants or remove the irritants if possible.  50% of the symptoms relieved is considered successful. AT QID +cold compresses + Acular QID will help relieve your symptoms.       
VERNAL CONJUNCTIVITIS
25        You have allergic conjunctivitis. This is more common in spring and summer. Kids usually grow out of it. It can last 4-10 years. The eye drops and cool compresses will make relieve inflammation and swelling to make your eyes feel more comfortable. Next year come in a few weeks prior to allergy season to begin a mast-cell stabilizer therapy. I want you to come back in 2 days for your foaow-up appointment.       
TOXIC KERATOCONJUNCTNITIS       
26        You are having a toxic reaction to your eye drops (Make-up). Let's find out the cause so you know to avoid using it next time. You shouldn't stop your glaucoma medications. But I will discuss with your doctor and see if we can change you're the medication.  Come back in a week for your follow-up appointment.
CORNEA
PTERYGIUM       
27        There is an overgrowth of tissue going onto the comea.  Use of AT QlD will increase comfort. Protect your eyes from the sun, dust and wind using UV sunglasses.  Surgical removal is possible but it will grow back.       
CORNEAL ABRASION       
28        Trauma to your eye scratched your cornea.  I need to thoroughly exam your eyes to make sure the there is no foreign body stuck inside and see how deep the cut is.  There is no need for patching but I need to prescribe eye drops to prevent infection.  I will prescribe a pain medication eye drop that you can use QID incase it gets too painful. I need to follow-up your condition everyday until it heals.       
FOREIGN BODY       
29        Foreign matter has been embedded into the front part of your eye. Remember to wear safety eyewear next time.       
PHLYCTENULOSIS       
30        This is allergic hypersensitivity reaction to bacteria or their waste products.  We need to treat the underlying condition (staphylococcal blepharitis or TB).  I need to refer you to your PCP for PPD test or chest X-ray to rule out TB. In the mean time, I need you to start this Ab. Therapy for a period of 2-4 weeks and do lid scrubs TID. Come back next week for your follow-up.
HSK (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS KERATOCONJUNCTIVITIS)       
31        You have a viral infection, it's caused by the same virus that you get cold sores from.  I don't want your,infection to spread so it is important that you take these medications. You must put a drop q2h nine times a day. I need to see you back everyday to see how you are responding to these drops. When I see improvement then we will taper the drops.       
HZO (HERPES ZOSTER OPHTHALMICUS)
32        Your condition is due to the reactivation of the chicken pox virus which lies dormant in your nerves.  It may spread by inhalation to persons never infected before. To prevent scar, restrain from itching vesicles. I need to prescribe oral medication call Famciclovir for you to take right away TID for a period of 10 days.  I will also prescribe some eye drops to calm the inflammation inside your eye. When it feels painful, do cool compresses and just in case, I will prescribe an oral medication for you to take BID if the cool compresses does not work.
MARGINAL LIMBAL INFILTRATES
33        Your immune system is responding to the exotoxins produced by bacterial infections.  There are two steps we need to take in order to clear this infection. First we need to keep this infection under control.  Second we need to clear all the ddstructive toxins that had already been produced. Do eyelid scrubs TID and also one drop of this AB (gentamicin or ciprofioxacin) eye gtt QID. The gtts. Kill the bacteria and helps wash the bacteria away from your lid margins. Come back tomorrow, the same time so I can see how you are responding to the eye gtts. I expect to see some signs of improvement in two days.
CORNEAL ULCER
“ My eyes are extremely painful.  I can't even put my contacts on.”
34        You have a severe bacterial infection that has caused an ulcer in your eye.  You shouldn't be wearing your contacts until this completely resolves. It is crucial that you stay compliant with the medication or else the infection spreads and severely affects your vision permanently. Also, you need to come in same time, everyday so we can monitor the healing process.  The first medication I will prescribe is a top line antibiotic, Zymar / Vigamox that should keep things under control.  You must obediently follow these directions: 1 gtt q30 min for the first 24 hrs. That means even when you sleep, set your alarm or have someone help you out to put your drops in. Another eye drop I will prescribe helps to improve comfort.   Put l gtt of Scopolamine TID.   Doing cool compresses helps as well. Once I see your eye responding well to the medications, then we need to add another type of eye drop to this regimen to minimize any scarring.
RENCURRENT CORNEAL EROSION       
35        The top layer of your cornea is loosely adhered to the other layers and in the morning your eyelids pull off this top layer.  SCL's will protect it from the lid.  I will also prescribe an eye gtt to use QID and ung to use at night to reduce the swelling.
FICH'S DSTROPHY
36        You have a hereditary condition that affects the front part of your eyes. This front part consists of 5 layers: epithelium, bowman's, stroma, descemet's membrane and endothelial layer.  The pump that keeps fluid out of these layers has broken down with age and causes your cornea to swell.  The progression of your condition called Fuch's D is divided into 3 stages.  You are now at the beginning stage.  You don't feel anything but I see the signs while examining your eyes.  As it progresses to the second stage, you will start to become more bothered by glare and expect your vision to drop 2-3 lines.  In its last stage, we will need to see whether there is a need for corneal transplant.  Right now, will prescribe an eye drop that helps to control the corneal swelling.  But it may sting. I also recommend using a hair dryer to help dry out the surface.
KERATOCONUS
37        You have a condition where the front part of your eye, called the cornea is getting thinner and so it is bulging out.  We don l know the cause but for now, glasses can still improve your vision.  In the future, you need to be fitted with rigid contact lens to provide optimum correction.
IRITIS/UVEITIS
TRAUMATIC IRITIS       
38        You have an inflammation at the colored part of your eye, your iris.  It was due to the trauma you had. It is very important that you come back for subsequent follow-up exams. I will now prescribe eye drops that will calm the inflammation.  The drops work very well.  But make sure you remember to shake the bottle before you put it in your eye.  It is a suspension, so you really need to shake it well.  It is very important that you do not stop the medication yourself.  If you stop it too early, it may worsen your condition and make it very difficult to treat afterwards.  Do you have any questions?       
SYSTEMIC DISEASE
ILNEITIS       
39        You have an inflammation of the colored part of your eye.  Our goal is to calm the inflammation as well as decrease the pain.  1 gtt of homatropine QID, and I gtt of Prd Forte q3h.  Come back tomorrow. Since this is the third time you've had this, I need to refer you for some testing to make sure it's not any systemic condition causing the inflammation.
OCULAR ROSACEA       
40        This is a non-contagious disorder of the oil glands and blood vessels near the skin surface.  It can be effectively treated with antibiotics, which should be taken one hour before meals or 2 hours alter.  Be aware of sunlight sensitivity.       
41        There is a break in a tissue layer in the back of your eye. We need to monitor this condition for vessel growth, which can lead to bleeding and cause damage to the tissues of your eye, ultimately causing a decrease in vision.

评分

参与人数 1贡献分 +1 收起 理由
火命之旅 + 1 感谢你热心帮助其他 .

查看全部评分

3# 板凳
发表于 2006-6-12 12:17 | 只看该作者
能用汉语翻译一 下吗?
发表于 2006-6-12 15:25 | 只看该作者
是啊,要是有译文就更完美了.
发表于 2009-3-5 15:11 | 只看该作者
谢谢分享
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|关于我们|隐私保护|版权保护|小黑屋|爱爱医 ( 粤ICP备2023094852号 )

GMT+8, 2024-5-13 12:29