1# 楼主
发表于 2005-6-2 11:47 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
大学英语写作主题讨论与范文精选  
[来源:外国语学院 )
Admission 入学
﹥﹥相关问题:Rumors are that graduate schools favor people applying from their own college. Is this your impression? Is it fair? Why?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. This unfair phenomenon does exist on campus. The postgraduate entrance exam includes two parts: the written exam and the interview. The unfairness often shows up in the interview process. If two students get the same marks, the one from the university being applied to is more likely to be accepted. The reason is that professors tend to think students from their own schools are able to adapt to their teaching styles easily, which is important for setting up mutual understanding to work and study together.
2. I don't think tutors prefer students from their own colleges. They only want to choose people who are familiar. When we go shopping, we are likely to buy brands that are familiar to us for we know their quality and service better. When it comes to postgraduate enrollment, it's the same. So if you want to be a postgraduate, first make yourself known to your tutor!
3. I myself may serve as proof against those rumors. As a student in Dalian, I have been accepted by Nankai University as a postgraduate student. What's worth mentioning is that I had neither guidance from any professor at Nankai nor special materials from former schoolmates. Rumor is rumor. It'll never affect those with a strong motivation who work hard.
4. I don't think it's unfair. I firmly believe that excellent students will be accepted by other schools. The only reason that applicants are refused is that they are not outstanding enough. Therefore, the most important thing that applicants should emphasize is effort rather than complaint.
5. As an applicant for next year's postgraduate entrance exam, I believe the exam is just and fair. Nevertheless, due to the rumors, some examinees spend lots of time to get to know their potential professors. The phenomenon also causes a serious social problem — people would rather believe in so-called personal relationships than in actual ability.
6. Frankly speaking, it's not fair. But colleges that don't engage in "fair play" will eventually suffer from student homogeneity and low performance of the whole school. In this sense, transparency is needed to encourage undergrads to go to other schools so as to improve the competitiveness of the educational institutions.
7. As a postgraduate, I had the experience of being discriminated against. But there is no absolute fairness at all in the world. The only way to make your wish come true is to work harder to make you more "attractive."

Adventure 冒险
﹥﹥主题链接:student 学生; study 学习
﹥﹥相关问题:Should students risk their lives for adventures?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. I appreciate the courage of the five mountain climbers from Peking University. If I had a chance, I would risk my life in such an adventure. I think the meaning of life is passion.
2. Life is more important than anything else. So I give priority to safety rather than adventure. Without 100 per cent confidence in safety, no adventure should be carried out.
3. I take great pride in their brave action. In fact, danger exits everywhere. Last week a female student was killed by a bus when she was riding a bicycle on a Chengdu street. So can we say we should give up riding after her death? I support them to continue their adventures, but they must be more cautious.
4. It is unnecessary to sacrifice one's precious life for the risk-taking spirit. Judging from the surface, these students are brave. However, they are able to make even greater contributions to society if they are alive.
5. Physical adventure, such as climbing mountains, is a part of human life. Without it, I can't imagine how people can clearly know our world. Therefore, taking risks is a part of culture as well as a good way to find our potential. However I think the university administration and government must pay more attention to organization and equipment to make sure the danger will be held to a minimum.
6. Most college students are over 18. We are **s so we have the right and the ability to choose adventure or safety. As soon as I make a decision, I do it even though it is dangerous.
7. The tragedy tells us that we must distinguish between "adventure" and "exploration." It's well known that summer is the rainy season in Tibet and the climate is not fit for climbing. Moreover, their communications equipment was not advanced, so when the avalanche hit, they couldn't notify anyone. In my opinion, safety is the most important thing. After all, life is the most important treasure. We must cherish it!

Advertisement广告
﹥﹥主题链接:Television 电视
﹥﹥相关问题:Do Advertisements Play a Positive or Negative Role in Our Society?
﹥﹥参考观点:
1. Advertisement can be a service to people. First, it is ***rmative, and can help people buy and sell goods. Second, it can widen people's knowledge, and make people more experienced. Lastly, people can enjoy themselves through those programs which advertisements have been put into.
2. Some advertisements, however, are not very useful to people, sometimes even harmful. An advertisement like this, for example, may put thousands of women and girls into trouble. Disillusioned with life, love, marriage? You need help. Phone me." And the Savior gives his phone number to his sheep.
3. In modern times, many advertisements are subjective rather than objective, persuasive rather than ***rmative. The only purpose of these advertisements is to persuade people to buy their poorly made products. Therefore, it is wise for people to make sure the advertisements are telling the truth."
4. Advertisements are getting their way into people's lives. People depend on advertisers in their daily lives because they are consumers. The advertisers are always manufacturers. Sometimes they are salesmen. Their merchandise needs advertising. Thus nearly every product is advertised. To some extent, good advertising means success while bad advertising can means failure.
5. There are many ways to advertise and 'ads' come in different forms. Newspaper carry advertisements. Some products are announced on TV and radio which have a wide  audience. Billboards also carry advertising. Advertising is a big industry now and many agencies are set up to furnish a variety of services for it.
6. However, advertising is not always truthful. A product is often misrepresented. The advertiser exaggerates the benefits of the merchandise he wants to sell. Thus, he misrepresents the  truth. The consumer falls victim to such advertising. Millions of people have bought advertised products and they haven't always been satisfied.
7. Whether you like it or not, advertisements are pouring into your life nowadays, and among them, some are misleading and even harmful. Advertisements are found everywhere when you are walking along the streets. You can see large billboards with pretty girls smiling at you. You turn on the TV set and you see commercial advertising again. Advertisement, good or bad, almost spread into every corner of this world.
8. In order to promote sales, advertisers will sometimes go to extremes. They will adopt every possible simulation in producing their announcements. The resulting advertisements are misleading and harmful. These ads distort the fact, exaggerate the real effects of the products and trick consumers into buying something that not really worth, and thus deprive the consumers of their legitimate rights. Most important of all, some advertisements of their legitimate rights. Most important of all, some advertisements contain some contests of violence and **ography, which may corrupt the mind of young people, especially those teenagers.
9. No one can avoid being influenced by advertisements, so we must take critical attitude toward advertisements, especially those misleading and harmful ones. At the same time, we must use our mind in order not to be totally dominated by those advertisements.
﹥﹥经典范文:Advertisement on TV
Today more and more advertisements are seen on the TV screen and TV advertisement industry is developing at a rapid rate in many countries, especially in China.
Why has this industry grown fast? The following are the main reasons. First, TV has a large audience, and most people like to spend evening in front of TV. So any ***rmation on TV can be spread around fast. For this reason, manufacturers and businessmen like to put their advertisements on TV. Second, advertisements on TV are rather vivid, which can give the audience a deep impression of the advertised new products. This impression is more effective than that of newspapers or radios. So it is more likely that these people would believe the advertisements and buy the new products.
But some advertisements would mislead the customers. For example, some products are not as good as what the advertisements describe. Toothpaste cannot make your teeth that clean, and some medicine cannot help you reduce your weight. So I think that there should be a law to ban faulty advertisements and at the same time excellent advertisements should be encouraged.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|关于我们|隐私保护|版权保护|小黑屋|爱爱医 ( 粤ICP备2023094852号 )

GMT+8, 2024-9-20 00:33