[大学英语] 英语复习资料1

[复制链接]
跳转到指定楼层
1# 楼主
发表于 2015-12-13 13:19 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

马上注册,结交更多好友,享用更多功能,让你轻松玩转社区。

您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x

1. The year he spent in the countryside proved to be a rewarding experience.有意义的经历
2. You can learn a lot from this online course. It is designed to help people communicate better through speech and writing.通过读写来提高交流水平
3. Over a third of the population was estimated to have no access to health service.享受不到公共医疗卫生服务
4. Asking too many personal questions during an interview can lead to an embarrassing situation.导致尴尬场面
5. Don’t just complain about what’s wrong with it; suggest some positive ways to solve the problem.提出一些积极方法来解决问题
6. No one in the class could match John’s hard work and commitment to study, which is why the professor liked him.刻苦和专心致志
7. The website allows you to take a virtual tour of the well-known city which was there about 2,000 years ago.进行虚拟旅游
8. Those who dare not answer questions in a traditional classroom can easily enjoy the benefits of online courses.享受网络课程的益处
9. He couldn’t join the police because he was below the minimum height allowed by the rules.低于最低身高
10. Many new opportunities will be opened up in the future for those with a university education.碰到很多机会
11. If the bike appealed to you that much, why not buy it? You just got paid yesterday.这辆自行车这么吸引你
12. He managed to hide his identity and moved to a new town where people would not know him.隐藏身份
13. All of your concern was for nothing, because I was safe all night.你的所有担心都是徒劳的
14. It was worse than horrible; the smell in the room was so disgusting that it actually made me sick.屋里的气味令人讨厌
15. I wasn’t quite angry, but I was a little upset when my noodles were cooked poorly. 我有点心烦
16. Modern music may have a negative influence as well as a positive one on teenagers.有负面影响
17. He has made an offensive remark that angers all of us.令人讨厌的话
18. On hearing the news, the mother burst into tears and rushed out of the room.大哭起来
19. I bought some computer paper, but when I got it home I found it was the wrong stuff.是错误的东西(不是想要的东西)
20. I want you to be very thorough when you look in the park for the missing woman so you won’t miss her.希望你仔细点
21. Inwardly I was very unhappy with what he had said, but I didn’t show it.我内心非常不满
22. I deeply regret to ***rm you that we cannot accept such conditions.我非常遗憾地告诉你
23. He translated books not only from English, but also, on occasion, from French.有时
24. The young couple complained about the high cost of visiting Europe.抱怨花销大
25. He had repeatedly urged her to come to the United States to join him, but she refused to leave her motherland.催促她来美国
26. Government officials visited the flood area on Tuesday morning to balance the relief efforts.协调救灾工作
27. He showed great reluctance in signing the agreement, but he finally did it.表现出很不情愿
28. Driving his new red sports car, he was sure his nei**ors were looking at him with envy.羡慕的眼光看着他
29. You will have to adjust yourself to a completely new life in the United States when you get there.使自己适应那里的全新生活
30. We were amazed to hear the news that the well-known writer, in her late eighties, was still writing a book.当听到。。很惊讶
31. He suddenly became conscious that he was the only man who wasn’t wearing a suit at the party.突然意识到
32. My sister has been really depressed since she lost her job.自从失业后变得消沉
33. The ages of the students in our online school range from 20 to 40.20岁到40
34. I remember that when I was a child I was very impressed with how many toys you had.对你有很多玩具印象非常深刻
35. Although my chance encountered with this famous artist was 30 years ago, I still make a good impression.与这位艺术家偶遇
36. After a brief introduction by the chairman, the speaker began her lecture on how to make a good impression.简短的介绍
37. We decided to paint the doors blue to match the walls.与墙搭配
38. We are often attracted to another person because of their physical appearance.外表
39. He relaxed himself by listening to his favorite song before he addressed the meeting.通过听喜欢的音乐放松
40. In a formal interview, you should always try to maintain good eye contact with the interviewers.保持适当的目光接触
41. Once you have had the disease, you are immune to it for the rest of your life, which means that you cannot get it again.对疾病产生免疫力
42. Though he worked very hard, it took him a long time to acquire the skills he needed to become a professional artist.获得他所需要的技艺
43. The spread of international crime and corruption constitutes a major threat to the global economy.对全球经济构成了重要威胁
44. Each of us might define the concept of freedom in a slightly different way.定义自由的概念
45. It predicts that 300 million people will become infected in the next ten years and, without treatment, each victim will in infect 10 to 15 others every year. 今后十年被感染,将传染1015
46. This story, which tells about a man protecting his wife and children, illustrates how important the family is in Asian culture.表明亚洲文化中家庭是多么重要
47. At the airport, people stood behind a metal fence waiting for passengers to emerge from customs.从出境口出来
48. When applying for a job, make sure you emphasize the skills and knowledge you have that an employer would find important to the job.强调知识和技能
49. There is no doubt that this new type of tire represents a major advance in road safety; you feel safer when driving on the highway.代表了道路安全方面一大进步
50. When they found out his identity, they threatened to kill him if he did not respond to their demands.威胁会杀了他
Unit 7
51. When I saw the job advertised in the paper, I wrote to the company to ask for the details of it.写信索取具体的信息
52. Police are looking for a man who robbed and killed the drugstore owner.抢劫并杀害药店老板
53. She looked a bit offended when you called her middle-aged.看起来有点儿生气
54. She could not sit down to talk, but kept moving around the room polishing doors and furniture although they already sparkled.不停地在房间里擦门和家具
55. Some of the victims could hardly identify the man who robbed them because they were too frightened to note his face.认不出抢劫他们的人
56. Doctors say he has made slight progress since he had the operation.有一点儿好转
57. People know that babies cry by instinct when they are hungry.婴儿出于本能地哭
58. In Britain, packets of cigarettes come with a government health warning attached to them.香烟盒上贴着关于有害健康的告诫
59. They all agree that respect for the law is the very foundation of civilized society.文明社会的根本所在
60. We were beginning to worry. It was unusual for David to be so late.他迟到很不寻常
61. Scientists have recently turned their attention to natural sources of energy: the sun, the sea, the wind, and hot springs.能量中的自然资源
62. If present directions continue, the world in the years ahead will be more crowded, more polluted, and less stable ecologically than the world we live in now.生态更不稳定
63. Coal was formed out of dead forests by a long slow process of chemical change.漫长的化学变化
64. The children will now play some pieces of music that they composed themselves.他们自己作曲的
65. The boy is quite interested in observing the behavior of birds.观察鸟类的行为
66. On their own they work well, but in combination they are a disaster.在一起他们就是个不幸
67. The population explosion in the past two decades accounts for the lack of food and health care in many parts of the world.过去二十年中的人口快速增长
68. The United Nations came into existence in 1945.1945年成立
69. I had forgotten all about it because I had been so occupied with other things.我在想别的事
70. The government is considering a job creation program to help young people get employed.考虑一项创造工作的计划
71. He is very capable and can accomplish every task you assign him.能完成你交给他的每项工作
72. Having children is a big responsibility and I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet.生小孩是一项重任
73. Parents should limit the amount of pocket money they give to their children.限制零花钱
74. The employee was fired due to his poor performance in the past year.由于表现不好
75. Unemployment has come down slightly but this does not alter the fact that it is still a major problem.没有改变事实
76. The girl found it difficult to adapt to the new customs when she first came to Shanghai.适应新习俗
77. The success of the recent English speaking contest has aroused young people’s interest in learning English.引起年轻人的兴趣
78. It’s that kind of courage and determination that makes him a most remarkable person.一个出类拔萃的人
79. They made it a rule that all complaints from customers should be investigated quickly and efficiently.调查顾客的投诉
80. Typical for China is the crosstalk show, in which two comedians entertain the audience with words.用语言***观众
81. As a family, we want to preserve, or keep alive, the Chinese traditions though we are now living in America.想保存中国传统
82. Feeling that the directions for the exercise were difficult to understand, the students asked the teacher to clarify them by explaining them further.更详细地解释
83. After demonstrating how to do it, the chemical experts told the graduates to begin the experiment. 演示完实验的做法
84. Cheap, clean hotel rooms are scarce in this city, especially in the summer when we have a lot of foreign visitors.这个城市缺少实惠又赶紧的宾馆
85. The man, who had been assured that the plane would be on time, sighed with relief.确信飞机会准点
86. The general manager’s letter, which gave him credit, ensured his promotion.保证他将受到提升
87. Though he walked free from court, his conscience kept bothering him for the wrongdoing he had done.他的良知会一直困扰他
88. She is a woman of integrity who has never given up her principles for the sake of making money.她是一个正直的人
89. The clubs were created to help girls not yield to pressure and teach them how to better defend themselves.帮助姑娘们不服从压力
90. This is the first time that a woman has been appointed to the post.被任命来担任这个职位
Prepositions and Adverbs
1. After twenty years as a chain smoker. Mr. Nathe has given up the habit.
2. I hope that our talk has given you some insights into the kind of work that we’ve been doing.
3. It was clear that much of what he said was far from the truth. Anyone with common sense would have a hard time believing it.
4. You have too be patient with small children, since they cannot tell the difference between right and wrong.
5. Hard as they tried, the newspaper reporters couldn’t get access to the building where the murder had taken place two hours before.
6. He was so ill that he was unable to keep up with what was going on.
7. The time has come for us to reap the benefits of the strong foundations we laid in science and technology.
8. He wished to have the opportunity to participate in the sports meet.
9. Even though they are poor, they are against the plan to trade land for goods and money.
10. I’m doing this to create circumstances under which we can communicate with each other easily.
11. Sandy’s father could not stand the offensive music, so he asked her to turn it off/down.
12. I can’t turn the tap off, and there’s water all over the floor.
13. He is busy as usual, giving lectures and working on the textbook.
14. She asked the students who were working in the dark classroom why they hadn’t turned the lights on.
15. Sinking in the sand, he reached for his friend’s hand, but it was too far away.
16. Teachers may exercise more influence on/upon their students than parents.
17. The rock and roll music appeals especially to young people.
18. I’d like to talk your offer over with my wife before deciding whether to take it or not.
19. The money offered may not be much, but in any case I’ll take the job.
20. Perhaps listening to light music may get rid of some of the knots in your stomach.
21. They engaged in a serious discussion for several hours without reaching any important decisions.
22. We hope all children can live in a world free of/from violence.
23. He is home on leave from the Navy now, and he’ll be at home for another two weeks.
24. He visits the bookstore at the subway station on occasion to see whether any new books have come out.
25. Will you see to it that this letter gets posted today? It has to reach the head office before Thursday.
26. I was in a nightclub in New York when a fire broke out.
27. I has been hard to adjust to the idea of being a junior clerk, but now I enjoy it.
28. No one would willingly subject himself to such rude treatment.
29. In evaluating applicants, this company leans heavily on interviews.
30. The police received several complaints about the noise form the party held by our next-door nei**or.
31. These students are committed to the cause of helping those who are not able to help themselves.
32. Don’t joke with Linda; she takes everything too seriously.
33. For the next two hours she was absorbed in the film, which turned out to be as good as she had hoped.
34. He has given up running in order to focus on the long jump.
35. Once he made up his mind to do something, there was no stopping him.
36. Would you please turn the radio down while I’m reading? The loud noise is driving me crazy.
37. In this store, you can find a wide variety of TV sets with prices ranging from $500 to $1,000.
38. She didn’t feel at her best in the match. That’s why she lost the game.
39. It is only a test you’ve failed. Lighten up; it is not a matter of life or death.
40. She was so shy that she kept her eyes on the floor while talking to the class.
41. Everyone has the right to live where he wants to, regardless of the color of his skin.
42. The disease is spreading, and all the children under five are at risk.
43. Outside the Embassy, students were handing out leaflets to everyone who passed by.
44. Tom admits that watching TV sometimes distracts him from homework.
45. We will not have the picnic unless more people sign up for it.
46. People can only be infected with HIV in a limited number of ways.
47. Doing exercises regularly can guard against a number of disease.
48. A lot of people don’t feel comfortable about/with speaking in public.
49. Laurence visited us in place of John who was unfortunately ill.
50. Women suffering form iron deficiency can take supplements in the form of tablets.
51. A CD was attached to the front of the magazine to encourage people to buy it.
52. Looking through a magazine in the doctor’s waiting room, I found a photograph of my own daughter’s wedding on Page 41.
53. This is a cause all of us hold dear because many people have given up their lives for it.
54. The train is just pulling into the station, so we shall be in time to meet her.
55. He turned the corner and found himself face to face with a policeman.
56. His poor performance may be due to lack of motivation rather than to reading difficulties.
57. The car moved sideways on the ice and went out of control, hitting an oncoming truck head on.
58. Inflation has eaten away at the value of their assets.
59. Take my word—have mercy on the player and give him plenty of rest; he is exhausted, out of breath, and out of strength.
60. The three policemen got to their feet quickly and threw themselves at the bank robber with all their strength.
61. It is important to understand the powerful economic and social forces at work behind our actions.
62. This law has been in existence since the end of the 1950s.
63. How long a suit like this should last depends on how often you wear it.
64. Bad workmanship and inferior materials are responsible for the collapse of the bridge on the river.
65. We’ll have sleep on your invitation until we know whether we will be free on Monday night.
66. The book presents a very interesting contrast between life now and life a hundred years ago.
67. Scientists are still searching for an effective and inexpensive cure to the common cold.
68. The general manager has no time to see you at the moment; he is occupied with solving some urgent problems.
69. After three weeks of observation, we arrived at the conclusion that Shelly is capable of conducting the experiment.
70. Are your opinions representative of those of the other students in your class?
71. And, of course, they seek those qualities which make a house stand out from the rest.
72. Everything depends on how the country adapts itself to using ***rmation technology.
73. Later that summer I was able to turn in a similar review of the progress of our project.
74. Once you know what has happened so far in the story, it’s quite easy to separate the good from the bad and the ugly.
75. As a group of fans we have decided that we cannot just sit back and wait for others to decide our club’s future plan.
76. What struck me as interesting is how much we judge other people by their appearances.
77. We were impressed by the ease with which the ***rmation could be found.
78. A lot of my views on Chinese economic reform have to do with the fact that I’ve worked in a private company.
79. When you borrow money from a bank, take care not to get behind with your monthly payment.
80. He stresses the need for the chief executive to be ***rmed, but argues that he should focus his attention on just three or four major aims.
81. Some of her fans were regretful that she had sold out to mainstream pop music.
82. I soon found that someone else had already done the work I was doing. In other words, I was wasting my time.
83. The university consists of 16 schools with a total number of over 25,000 students.
84. But what he stood for was good and plain: clean modern houses with all kinds of conveniences.
85. He came to realize that he had nobody to rely on/upon but himself.
86. A great deal will be demanded of him as he is the director of the organization.
87. From the activities they are engaged in, we can see they are not so honest.
88. Recent economic performance in South Asia suggests that a major crisis is at hand.
89. We love peace, yet we are not the kind of people to yield to any military threat.
90. I’d just like to move to a nei**orhood where I wouldn’t have to see all the problems I’m confronted with every day.

2# 沙发
发表于 2015-12-27 14:59 | 只看该作者
good,thanks
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|关于我们|隐私保护|版权保护|小黑屋|爱爱医 ( 粤ICP备2023094852号 )

GMT+8, 2024-4-28 06:08