您需要 登录 才可以下载或查看,没有帐号?注册

x
??也许你能读懂、能听懂,但是否能自由的说、自由的写,自由的表达

来自主流英文媒体,一些简单而漂亮的句子

选择的标准是这些句子能方便的在我们的生活中应用

* Unfinished homework/The Economist,Mar 22nd 2007

1、Unfinished homework

(unfinished ...这么引申来用还是很有味道地)

2、Germany’s chancellor shines more brightly abroad than at home (墙里开花墙外香)

3、Everywhere she wins hearts and minds with a mix of intelligence and female modesty (win hearts and minds with... 好句型)

4、In one sense, Ms Merkel has been lucky (忍不住翻译一下:从某种意义上讲,默克尔已经很幸运了)

5、The economy is enjoying a recovery that owes more to the efforts of German business than to the government (owe more to ...than to ...功劳之争)

6、One advantage is that she can play a waiting game (One advantage is that...这句的通用性太强冽)

7、The SDP’s other problem is leadership (这句简单吧)

8、Ms Merkel’s chancellorship may see foreign successes in Brussels and Washington, but its weakness is a lack of domestic achievements (but先放枪,然后在列要害 its weakness is a lack of ...)
2# 沙发
发表于 2008-12-31 01:24 | 只看该作者

老友记 1-3

1、Phoebe: Not so good. He walked me to the subway and said “We should do this again!”

Monica:No. Loosely translated “We should do this again’ means ”You will never see me naked’.

2、Joey: Cushions the blow.(大棒前的萝卜)

3、Joey: "In five minutes my pain will be over. But you’ll have to live with the knowledge that you sent an honest man to die."

4、Ross:Just think about what you went through the last time you quit.(想一想你最后一次戒烟后是怎么活过来的)

5、Ross: You know what I like most about him, though? The way he makes me feel about myself.

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

Archiver|手机版|关于我们|隐私保护|版权保护|小黑屋|爱爱医 ( 粤ICP备2023094852号 )

GMT+8, 2024-6-19 01:50