爱爱医医学论坛

标题: 【分享】趣味英语学习!!!! [打印本页]

作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-8 14:27
标题: 【分享】趣味英语学习!!!!
 When the young waitress in the café in Tom's building started waving hello everyday. Tom was flattered, for she was at least 15 years younger than he. One day she waved and beckoned to Tom again. When Tom strolled over, she asked, "Are you single?"
"Why, yes," Tom replied, smiling at her broadly.
"So is my mom," she said. "Would you like to meet her?"

约会
  在汤姆工作的大楼里有一个咖啡屋,那儿总有一位**每天都和他打招呼。汤姆有些受宠若惊,因为这位**看上去至少比他年轻15岁。一天她又对汤姆招手并示意汤姆过去。于是汤姆走了过去。她问道,“您现在是单身吗?” “对,是单身,”汤姆满脸堆笑的说。 “我母亲也是,”她说,“您愿不愿意见见她?”
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does the dog know the proverb, too?

The little boy did not like the look of the barking dog.

"It's all right," said a gentleman, "don't be afraid. Don't you know the proverb: Barking dogs don't bite?"

"Ah, yes," answered the little boy. "I know the proverb, but does the dog know the proverb, too?"

狗也知道这个谚语吗?

一个小男孩非常不喜欢狗狂叫的样子。

“没有关系,”一位先生说,“不用害怕,你知道这条谚语吗:‘吠狗不咬人。’”

“啊,我是知道,可是狗也知道吗?”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
The poor husband

"You can't imagine how diff<!--HAODF:2:DE4r0u-lSI6Bfz46fy9waRQsfzPify4-->icu<!--HAODF:/2:DE4r0u-lSI6Bfz46fy9waRQsfzPify4-->lt it is for me to deal with my wife," the man complained to his friend. "She asks me a question, then answers it herself, and after that she explained to me for half an hour why my answer is wrong.

可怜的丈夫

“你根本无法想象和我妻子打交道是多么的难,”一个男人对他的朋友诉苦说,“她问我一个问题,然后自己回答了,过后又花半个小时跟我解释为什么我的答案是错的。”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The doctor lives downstairs

"Doctor," she said loudly, bouncing into the room, "I want you to say frankly what's wrong with me."

He surveyed her from head to foot. "Madam," he said at length, "I've just three things to tell you. First, your weight wants reducing by nearly fifty pounds. Second, your beauty could be improved if you used about one tenth as much rouge and lipstick. And third, I'm an artist---the doctor lives downstairs."
    医生住在楼下

“医生”她冲进屋后大声说道。

“我想让你坦率地说我到底得了什么病。”

他从头到脚打量打量她,然后大声说:“太太,我有三件事要对你说。第一,您的体重需要减少大约50磅;第二,如果您要用上十分之一的胭脂和口红,您的美貌将会改变。第三,我是一位画家——医生住在楼下。”

edited by wangpeng52113 on 2006-1-13 at 07:07 PM
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-8 14:36
我会经常发些以日常生活为蓝本的英语惯用句,希望大家能喜欢.!
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-8 15:06
I'd do anything to see you crack a smile.
为了博得你的一笑,我情愿做任何事
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-8 15:16
All substances, whether gaseous, liquid or solid ,are made of atoms .
一切物质,不论是气态、液态,还是固态,都由原子组成。
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-9 13:29
A fox may grow gray, but never good.
江山易改,本性难移。
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-9 13:33
A hedge between keeps friendship green.
君子之交淡如水。
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-9 13:42
Shy Guy羞涩的男人

A man really loved a woman, but he was just too shy to propose to her. Now he was up in his years and neither of them had ever been married. Of course, they dated about once a week for the past six years, but he was so timid he just never got around to suggesting marriage much less living together.

But one day, he became determined to ask her the question. So he calls her on the   phone, "June."

"Yes, this is June."

"Will you marry me?"

"Of course I will! Who's this?"
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-13 18:50
Absence to love is what wind is to fire. It extinguishes the small; it inflames the great. (Roger de Bussy-Rabutin, French writer)
离别之于爱情好比风之于火,它能将小火熄灭,使大火熊熊燃烧。(法国作家 比西-拉比旦.R.)

Every man is a poet when he is in love. (Plato ancient Creek philosopher)
每个恋爱中的人都是诗人。(古希腊哲学家 柏拉图)

First love is only a little foolishness and a lot of curiosity. (George Bernard Shaw)
初恋就是一点点笨拙外加许许多多好奇。(英国剧作家 肖伯纳.G)

Friendship is like earthenware: once broken, it can be mended; love is like a mirror: once broken, that ends it. (Josh Billings. American humorist)
友谊就像陶器,破了可以修补;爱情好比镜子,一旦打破就难重圆。(美国幽默作家 比林斯 .J.)

Friendship is love without his wings. (George Gordon Byron, Bdritish poet)
友谊是没有羽翼的爱。(英国诗人 拜伦.G,G)

Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love. (Albert Einstein, American scientist)
并非地球引力使人坠入爱河。(美国科学家)

The greater the power, the more dangerous the abuse. (Burke Edmund, British statesman)
权力越大,**的危险就越大。(英国政治家 埃德蒙.B.)

The greatest of evils and the worst of crims is poverty. (George Bernard Shaw, British dramatist)
最大的恶和最凶的罪是贫穷。(英国剧作家 肖伯纳.G.)

The paramount duty of Congress is to stop deficiencies by the restoration of that protective legislation which has always been the firmst prop of the Treasury. (William Mckinley, American president)
国会的最高职责是恢复始总是国家财政最坚实支柱的保护性立法,以制止财政赤字。(美国总统 科金利.W.)

The people may safely be trusted to hear everything true and false, and to form a correct judgment. Were it fall to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers of newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter. (Thomas Jefferson, American president)
人民是完全可以信赖的,应该让他们听到一切真实和虚伪的东西,然后作出正确的判断。倘使让我来决定,我们应该是有一个[根据相关法规进行屏蔽]而不要报纸呢,还是应该有报纸而不要[根据相关法规进行屏蔽],我会毫不犹豫选择后者。(美国总统 杰斐逊.T.)

The tyrant dies and his rule ends, the martyr dies and his rule be-gins. (Soren Kierkegaard, Danish religious philowopher)
暴君死了,他统治也就结束;烈士死了,他的统治刚开始。(丹麦宗教哲学家 基尔克戈德.S.)

There is something behind the throne greater than the king him-self. (William Pitt, British statesman)
在王座的后面还有比国王本人更伟大东西。(英国政治家 皮特.W.)

To be acquainted with the merit of ministry, we need only observe the condition of the people. (Junius, Unidentified letter writer)
要了解[根据相关法规进行屏蔽]的政绩只需要观察民情。(国籍不明书信代理人 朱尼厄斯)

To know the pains of power, we must go to those who have it; to know its pleasure, we must go to those who are seeking it :the pains of power is real, its pleasures imaginary. (C.Colton Charles, British churchman)
欲知权力带来的痛苦,去问那些当权者;欲知权力带来的乐趣,去问那些追逐权势者:权力带来的痛苦是真实的,而权力带来的乐趣只不过是凭空想象的。(英国牧师 查尔斯.C.C.)

Too fond of the right to pursue the expedient. (Oliver Goldsimith, British poet)
过分喜欢权力就会不择手段。(英国诗人 哥尔德斯密斯.O.)

We need in politics man who have something to give, not men who have something to get. (Bernard Baruch, Averican economist)
在政治中我们需要能有所奉献的人,而不是想有所收获的人。(美国经济学家 巴鲁克.B.)

When a man assumes a public trust, he should consider himself as public property. (Thomas Jefferson, American President)
当一个人受到公众信任时,他就应该把自己看作公众的财产。(美国总统 杰斐逊.T.)

When society requires to be rebuilt, there is no use attempting to rebuild it on the old plan. (John Stuart Mill, BAritish economist)
当社会需要重建时,试图墨守旧的蓝图重建它是徒劳无益的。(英国经济学家 穆勒.J.S.)
  ·

edited by wangpeng52113 on 2006-1-13 at 06:51 PM
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-13 18:59
I Wasn't Asleep
              When a group of women got on the car, every seat was already occupied. The conductor noticed a man who seemed to be asleep,  and fearing he might miss his stop, he nudged him and said: "Wake up, sir!"

"I wasn't asleep," the man answered.

"Not asleep? But you had your eyes closed."

"I know. I just hate to look at ladies standing up beside me in a crowded car."

我没有睡着

当一群妇女上车之后,车上的座位全都被占满了。售票员注意到一名男子好象是睡着了,他担心这个人会坐过站,就用肘轻轻地碰了碰他,说:“先生,醒醒!”

“我没有睡着。”那个男人回答。

“没睡着?可是你眼睛都闭上了呀?”

“我知道,我只是不愿意看到在拥挤的车上有女士站在我身边而已。”
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-13 19:07
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A newspaper salesperson comes to the house.
一名报纸推销员上门来.
                                    拒绝定报                    
He is so insistent.
我:他真难缠.
We already subscribe to XY newspaper.
我:我们已经定了XY报.
why don't you try B newspaper for just a month.
推销员:你何不试定一个月的B报.
          答应定报
He has so many giveaways to help him sell new subsc**tions.
我:他有那么多赠品帮助他推销.
Well,I guess I'll take the paper for one month.
我:好吧,那我就定一个月吧.
Great!Here'a complimentary towel.
推销员:太好了!这是免费赠送的毛巾  .
作者: wangpeng52113    时间: 2006-1-15 22:28
请大家支持!!!:)

欢迎光临 爱爱医医学论坛 (https://bbs.iiyi.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.1